While you are constantly visiting the gym for your workout routines to lose weight, it is imperative that you also begin eating healthy, well-balanced diet to get the best out of your weight loss journey. Begin counting your calories to shed off those unwanted pounds quicker. Don’t know where to start? Sit back and relax. The article discusses some weight loss friendly foods which are supported by science in their fat-losing benefits to man.
- Whole eggs. There’s a misconception that egg is high in cholesterol, but new studies show that eggs do not badly affect blood cholesterol. They do not also cause heart attack. The truth about eggs is that they are among the best foods if you want to lose weight as they are high in protein, healthy fats, but with a very low amount of calories.
- Chili Pepper. Chili peppers can be useful for those who want to lose fat as they have what they call as capsaicin—a substance that has been revealed to help reduce appetite and increase burning of fat. In fact, such substance is now a common ingredient in many weight loss supplements available in the market today
- Leafy vegetables. Leafy vegetables like collards, spinach, swiss chards and kale have nutritional properties that are not only good for the body but also make them perfect for your fat loss aim. They are both low in carbohydrates and calories but are rich in fiber. Aside from that, they are also rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Their calcium content for instance, has shown to help burn fat. Eating leafy veggies is an ideal way to raise the volume of your meals without elevating the calories.
- Salmon. Oily foods are believed to be fatty, but there’s always an exception to the rule like the oily fish salmon. Besides being an incredibly healthy food, salmon is also very satisfying. It can keep you feeling full for several hours with fairly few calories. It is loaded with healthy fats, high quality protein and other important nutrients. Like many other seafood, it is high in iodine. Iodine is a significant nutrient that is necessary for the regulatory function of the thyroid, which is vital to maintain an optimal metabolism.
- Red meat. Meat is commonly blamed for all sorts of health problems, but people do not know about is that not all meat are bad for the health. Unprocessed red meat, for instance, does not increase your risk of diabetes or heart attack but instead a weight loss food because of its high protein content.
- Boiled potatoes. Boiled potatoes contain unique range of nutrients like potassium. Potassium is a vital nutrient in controlling blood pressure. It also produces large amount of resistant starch after a while of cooing them up. Resistant starch pertains to a fiber-like substance that has been discovered to have many health benefits including weight loss.